Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mac and Speech

This week I tried to see if I could get my MAC to do voice recognition. Being a former windows user, I'm used to how my Tablet PC worked. Basically, I could speak e-mails instead of typing them.

Why you ask? So I can work out, and still do work. How sad is that! So I like to speak e-mails while running on the elliptical. Since I was diagnosed with Arthritis in my knee, at 32, I've decided I need to run a lot more, but finding the time is always tough.

I was surprised the Apple didn't include software to take speech and turn it into text. That's the first problem. Ok, so I'm also cheap, so I really don't want to drop 150 bucks to try a dictation tool. Being the savvy internet user that I am, I started searching the internet, nothing in sourceforge. :(

So I'll keep looking, but I see nothing promising, which is very disappointing. Oh Well...Back to the drawing board

No comments: