Saturday, September 13, 2008

iPhone 2.1: I Love you

Wow, what a difference a Firmware Upgrade makes!!! For the first time I can Use 3G all day long...I went from noon to aprox 10pm using my iPhone. I'll post more battery times this week when I'm working.

For all of those people who I told I hated my iPhone I love it now. I feel like I literally have a new iPhone.

What was fixed for me:
  • Echo: I was getting a really nasty echo when using my iPhone. It seems to have gone away. When jumping between towers, 1 or 2 sentences might be echoed, but I use to have it where it echoed all of the time. YEA
  • Battery Life: As I said above, 3g Battery life seems to have increased significantly
  • Push: I will try to turn my push technology back on, as I can handle the battery life.
  • Apps: With being able to turn 3g back on, the apps are know much more viable.
  • Backup Time: Significantly reduced
  • Contacts: They don't stick any more...Before, I'd have to wait 1 or 2 seconds before I could scroll through my contacts.
  • Downloads: at 1.2mbps as apposed to 755 kbps (YEA)
All in all, Great work Apple, know if you could have done this for the 2.0 version, you would not have had all the bad press.

No comments: