Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gobi 8: Update 2

I tried using the Gobi 8 via cellular wireless this last week. It was hit or miss to say the least. The concept is great, but the implementation is less than desirable. Couple of new features that need to be added before I would take this Thin laptop on the road.
  1. Cellular status: Why can't someone show me a strength meeter either on the screen or in lights on the frame by the battery.
  2. being able to setup Profiles differently: Today the profiles and networks are setup together. I'd rather have the Sun Ray server and VPN information saved separately from the network information. I typically only use 1 Sun Ray server and VPN server but attache to many networks
Other than those 2 things, the Gobi 8 is great, and I have used it via ethernet and Wi-FI with great success.

No comments: