Sunday, August 10, 2008

Accutech Gobi 8: Thin Laptop?

If you read my last post there is a picture of a "THIN LAPTOP". I know most of you are going, Come on Thin Laptop? So, I decided to write this post on my thin laptop. It handles WI-FI, Wired, or Cellular wireless. My first thought was, Can Cellular Wireless really support a full Screen being streamed to it.

Before we go further, I want to give you the details of the setup.
  1. Using the Gobi 8, I inserted the Cellular Wirelles (ATT Serria Wireles 875) into the Laptop
  2. When it asked me what profile I wanted to use, I choose one that had all of the settings setup for my Sun Ray Server.
  3. It then asks me if I want to modify the settings before applying them, and I said yes.
  4. I choose the correct server settings and then when it went to which network, I choose HSDPA (Cellular)
    1. For APN use: wap.cingular
    2. for Dial String use: *99***1#
  5. Apply the settings and BAM I was on. So thin Laptop via Cellular. IT's AWESOME
Performance.
So sitting in my house, the performance isn't bad. I can type faster than the letters are displayed back to the screen, but that's not all that surprising is it? Let me tell you though, not having to worry about hard drives dying and losing data is great. It's usable. I will be letting my sales rep use it this week, we will see what she says.

So the Accutech guys want there Gobi 8 back, but that's ok, because Dynamic Graphics is sending me there version of the Thin Laptop.

Hope this helped

No comments: